ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ami Dror Gmail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 22:43:15 +0200

Hi Paul,

The reason is ignorance.
Science educators are not producers, they are not aware of the production process, and the only educators that have/had something with movies gain their knowledge from 70mm theaters.

I challenge everyone on this group:
Start producing & start distributing - the benefits are enormous...and you will do it anyhow in the future. The question is only if you will lead the production and lease to others, or will you lease other SC products.

Yes, you need professionals to do it with you, but the storytelling must come from the SC - it is not different from any other type of storytelling that SC does daily.

I'm not optimistic. I met with countless science centers all around the world - countless SC were keen to spend millions on existing products (70mm, Motion theaters, interactive theaters, 4D theaters all with used content)...I worked only with 3 SC that decided to produce their own 3D movies ...non of them in north America. (They did it because they didn’t have the budget to pay film rent to IMAX).

So if you are looking for my professional explanations - must SC in north America are "too rich" in order to experience with production - they prefer to pay 10 times more as long as they have no surprises in unknown territory.

:(
Ami

Checked by AVG Free Edition.