Informal Science Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 22:43:15 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (39 lines)
ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers
Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related institutions.

Hi Paul,

The reason is ignorance.
Science educators are not producers, they are not aware of the production process, and the only educators that have/had something with movies gain their knowledge from 70mm theaters.

I challenge everyone on this group:
Start producing & start distributing - the benefits are enormous...and you will do it anyhow in the future. The question is only if you will lead the production and lease to others, or will you lease other SC products.

Yes, you need professionals to do it with you, but the storytelling must come from the SC - it is not different from any other type of storytelling that SC does daily. 

I'm not optimistic. I met with countless science centers all around the world - countless SC were keen to spend millions on existing products (70mm, Motion theaters, interactive theaters, 4D theaters all with used content)...I worked only with 3 SC that decided to produce their own 3D movies ...non of them in north America. (They did it because they didn’t have the budget to pay film rent to IMAX).

So if you are looking for my professional explanations - must SC in north America are "too rich" in order to experience with production - they prefer to pay 10 times more as long as they have no surprises in unknown territory.

:(
Ami

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.9.14/883 - Release Date: 01/07/2007 12:19

For information about the Association of Science-Technology Centers and the Informal Science Education Network please visit www.astc.org.

Check out the latest case studies and reviews on ExhibitFiles at www.exhibitfiles.org.

The ISEN-ASTC-L email list is powered by LISTSERVR software from L-Soft. To learn more, visit
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html.

To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the
message  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to
[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2