ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:33:14 -0500

Brian,

What is the target age range for your museum?

We recently installed our newest exhibit, Healthyville (geared towards
children 10 and younger). We thought it would be great to have an acutal
microscope (that was modified/encased so that it couldn't easily break) and
have it attached to a monitor so that families/groups could view together.
We spent a good amount of time working with our fabricator to build this.
After testing, modifying, testing again and modifying again, it never stood
up in an exhibit environment.

We are currently using a Wentzscope and a slide show (created in Flash) on
the monitor we originally had hooked up to the microscope. They run
independently. We are really happy with the end result and visitors are
both using the Wentzscope and watching specimens on the TV (ones that we
can't present with the Wentzscope).

Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.
Sheri
Sheri Cifaldi
Director of Exhibits
Stepping Stones Museum for Children