ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Robert M. Ross" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:18:49 -0400

Hi folks,

PaleoPortal.org is a comprehensive website on paleontology that also has
information and images on bedrock geology for states throughout the US +
Canada and Mexico). I am working with colleagues to make it possible for
informal science education venues to easily create (for free) a customized
non-Internet based version of core information from the website. This then
could be added to an inexpensive computer kiosk. For example, you might
want to make only information from the Paleozoic of the Northeast available
in a given exhibit, and you might want to customize the information or
graphic available on the "home page" of the site so that it feels
custom-made for the Museum or exhibition.

We would be deeply appreciative of anyone willing to spend a little time to
try out and provide feedback on the "site generator" online sometime later
this week. It might take half an hour. For now the primary reward (other
than my eternal gratitude) would be that if you like what you see you'd be
able to use whatever you create right away. If you're interested please
reply offline ([log in to unmask]). Thanks!

Rob Ross

Robert M. Ross
Director of Education
Paleontological Research Institution and Museum of the Earth
1259 Trumansburg Road
Ithaca, NY 14850

607 273 6623 x18 (voice)
607 273 6620 (FAX)

Now on Exhibit!
sLowlife: Take a sensory journey into the secret life of plants.
Presented by the Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research.
© Chicago Botanic Garden
Through April 1st.