ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jay Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:33:49 -0500

Hi All,

We are looking for a globe and having a hell of a time finding what we
want.  Here's the idea, maybe you've seen something like this, a big
globe sitting in a cradle that kids can spin around like a mouse ball.
They can see the southern hemisphere just as easy as the north.  Custom
stand and we were hoping for a big globe, 30"+.

We've been in contact with One World Globes, Seattle, which seemingly is
the only supplier of globes in this hemisphere.  They think the idea is
folly and state that all globes will flatten a little in the middle for
reinforcement of the joining of the halves.  We're still talking to them
but wonder what the list thinks.

Any experience with this?  Tried this before?  Where do you get your globes?

Jay

--
Jay Higgins
Program/Exhibit Developer