HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kristin Mravinec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:15:28 -0500
It was recommended that I cross post to this listserv.

We have an 1918 Wichita Fall Spudder, Model #66 rig in our collection
that the Board has decided to restore. It is a wooden rig with metal
components displayed outdoors without protection. I have been given an
August 15th deadline to come up with a conservator/restorer to help with
the project as we are being considered for a centennial grant. Does
anyone know of an conservator/restorer/consultant who has worked with
similar projects or materials. I will be checking AIC's website but
wanted to narrow down some names first. If needed, I can attach some
photographs of the rig's poor condition.

Sincerely,

Kristin

--
Kristin Mravinec, Curator