HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dave McMahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 20:06:53 -0800
This is a little off topic, but there's an interesting book entitled
"Preserving the Dead: The Art and Science of Embalming" (Lindsay
Publications ISBN0-917914-24-4).  This is a recent reprint of sections
from two late 19th century and early 20th century embalming textbooks,
including a section on "Funeral Etiquette."  Morbid but interesting.

Dave McMahan