HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Meli Diamanti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:10:48 -0500
I agree that it was a great conference and having it in Williamsburg was
great (and the weather was amazingly cooperative).
I know it can be hard to organize a conference, having been only
marginally involved in organizing one.  So I hate to pick nits.  I also
noticed scheduling conflicts, but that happens in any big conference.
But I think it is worth raising issues that can be improved next time
around.  Therefore, I second the comment about including one's
institutional affiliation.  In the program, it may make the entries long
and unweildy, but there should be no problem including this information
in the abstracts, especially if you back to having the abstracts as a
separate volume (maybe even a larger format 81/5 x 11" size so it is a
thinner booklet).
People present research not only to disseminate the results, but also to
represent their instiution or firm, and this information should not be
slighted.
Melissa Diamanti
Archaeological & Historical Consultants, Inc.