HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 20:54:09 -0400

In a message dated 9/7/2006 5:08:35 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Tim and  others that have dealt with newer plants can probably suggest
other  references. My study has been primarily with the colonial iron
industry.

Lester Ross informed me the 1860-1870s were a very frustrating time for
blacksmiths, as they soon learned steel did not mend like wrought iron. He  wanted
to see data on scrap piles from smithies from that time period because he
predicted a lot of waste from experimentation in repairs.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.