HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2007 18:49:19 -0600
From:
"Lockhart, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
inline
I would like to add that Bill is a member of the Bottle Research Group,
and we are all delighted that the website is now affiliated with
SHA!!!!

Bill Lockhart

>>> Chris Merritt <[log in to unmask]> 4/5/2007 5:25 pm >>>
Dear HistArch, (sorry for any cross-listings)

We are pleased to announce that the BLM's Historic Bottle Website (HBW)
has
a new home on the SHA website.  You can access it by going directly to
this
link: http://www.sha.org/bottle/index.htm.  You can also locate it by
going
to the SHA website's new Research Resource pages, where you will find
an
array of other information available for historical archaeological
research.

If you are unfamiliar with the HBW, there is a description of/guide to
that
website in the SHA's online Technical Briefs series
(http://www.sha.org/publications/technical_briefs/default.htm).  Simply
go
to the Technical Briefs link and scroll down to the technical paper
entitles, "Overview of BLM's Historic Glass Bottle Identification and
Information Website," Technical Briefs in Historical Archaeology 1:
16-20,
by Bill Lindsey.  Bill Lindsey created the original website and will
continue to update and expand the Historic Bottle website in his
pending
retirement.  So be sure to visit <http://www.sha.org/bottles>  again
and
again to take it all in.

Regards,

Kelly Dixon, SHA Website Editor
Christopher Merritt, SHA Webmaster
Bill Lindsey, HBW Author & Webmaster

Mortgage refinance is Hot. *Terms. Get a 5.375%* fix rate. Check
savings