From:
queenbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:11:51 +1000
> Width of Endbars?

35mm which is about 1.375 inches

> Spacing of Endbars?

endbars are touching each other so no extra space between the combs.

> and again, just
> putting in foundation, and/or drawnout comb from previous
> year?

First year, 2004, it was foundation.  Nucs died out over winter so saved the
comb and used the drawn combs next year, 2005.  Nucs died out again over
next winter so used drawn combs (saved) in 2006.  This season so far they
progressed from the 4 frame nuc to the 8 frame box.  They are both drawing
comb but not on the foundation.  As stated previously, one I let go across
of its own accord.  The other I split the brood combs and added the
foundation between these.  Both are drawing off the comb.  So far both are
on 6 combs with 2 still to draw out.

> Foundation is straight also?

Look straight to me.   It is plastic waxed foundation that came from Dadant.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA