From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 10:01:53 -0800
Dick:
I thought that the point of GM-ing rape was to make it
self pollinating>

Reply:
Really?....well, let me stir the pot a little then with
basic thought.

In a field of rape planted, not that it isn't somewhat
close together anyways and might/could be pollenated by
wind anyways or other, like corn or other......the pollen
is still there FWIW. In one case the bees are on, in
another case they avoid it? What is the difference? What is
in the pollen they are avoiding? Do you want to eat it if
the bees don't or other insects? What about the long-term
eating effects of final product then? Are the bees trying
to tell us something if we would just look? Bees hurting
for some reason w/compounded stress in your area? What is
the final breaking point? How much of this also does
migratory see by the way? Many questions could be asked,But
then what do I know......

Respectfully submitted,

Dee A. Lusby
Small Cell Commercial Beekeeper