ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Edith Piaf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:48:52 +0000

	Perhaps generate a list of musuems and schools as a sample size in a particular geographic area and generate an in-depth interview instrument and start generating a pilot study for these sample schools and musuems. they will have some ideas.
Also just some ideas off the top of my head:
1. perhaps musuem guides can come to schools and lecture or conduct presentations on specific fields of study (it depends on the level of school, elementary, middle, high or university) you need to establish the level
2. collaborating through school sponsored field trips
3. online collaborations in the classroom between the students and museum guides
4. also, try to narrow your topic to a specific area and type of museum and type of field of study ex museum of modern art for example.
I hope this helps
Edith