From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Dec 2006 12:34:38 EST
I am pleased to report that my son Charlie survived the experience of
dashing into the sea dressed as a bee, complete with a Bees for Development  logo.
It was a very grey and foggy morning and the unfortunates in the continent
were probably cut off again.  The only colour was from  Charlie and  the other
idiots who included a number that started out blue, being annointed  with woad
or similar; there was a whale with 8 legs; a complete wedding party  including
cake; and of course Santa.

Charlie took some trouble over his garb, copying the wing shape from
Snodgrass, but unfortunately he got the veins wrong, and, to be frank, he was
tarsally and abdominally challenged.  His eyes and antennae looked good  though.

The air temperature had fortunately risen to about 5C and the sea was  warmer
still. Nevertheless he was very chilled when he emerged after 10 mintutes  or
so and I gave him a large sponful of honey to help fight off the  hypothermia.

Many thanks to anybody who chose to donate on line to Bees for Development
and apologies that this is being posted to two lists; I crave the indulgence of
 the moderators.

Chris