From:
Eric Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2006 06:45:48 -0400
On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 13:04:54 -0400, James W. Hock <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The Queen mother survived a bad Varroa infestation (no treatments) and
still produced a large crop.

Jim's choice of queens struck me because my inclination has always been to
avoid queens whose hives developed bad varroa infestations.  I wonder what
the thoughts of others on the list are regarding the desirability of queens
whose hives tend not to develop bad varroa infestations relative to queens
whose hives survive bad varroa infestations.  What do you all look for and
what trait carries more weight?