From:
Keith Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 16:28:38 -0900
Hi Peter,

Peter Borst wrote;
"The, when you transfer the larvae into the cups, you can prime the cells
with some royal jelly. I used to raise thousands of cells back in the 1980s
and I never primed the cups, but if you are raising a few dozen or a few
hundred, it sure doesn't hurt."

Mr. Jay Smith Wrote;
"We used to prime our cells with bee milk but, after careful examination, believe it was a detriment, for the first thing the bees do is to remove all the milk we had put in. Grafting in bare cells is better-or rather not so bad."

Peter Borst wrote;
"Jay's half right here."

Me;
I give complete credence to Jay, and think he is all right. Jay raised thousand of queens for many, many years.
Jay devoted his life to Raising queens and here he writes;
"I have given all there is in me to the thought of better bees and especially better methods of producing them."
I may never be the beekeeper and queen breeder Jay was, but I will look up to him for becoming the best beekeeper I can be. His attitude is one to follow.

  . ..   Keith Malone, Chugiak, Alaska USA