From:
Scot McPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 20:11:30 -0500
>Why don't tell us how much
>you actually get from these bees? Then WE can decide how labor intensive it
>is.

It is well known that the south west has been in an extended draught for
several years now...Might be important that you compare Dees operation to
other within her region's productivity.

It is also another thing to mention that Dee still have bees literally smack
in the middle of beekeepers going out of business because of extended
draught...yet she's still increasing...

Maybe draught conditions are hurting the margin, but she's still around
while others have literally dried up last few years...

In my case, I lost a LOT of bees last year, but I know why and I documented
why on several lists BEFORE it happened that when I was going into winter
that my general region in the Midwest suffered from a pollen famine. My
hives had no pollen from early October until February...None...From here to
nebraska that I know about suffered the same affects. Not a single person
since October has disputed this fact either. So before you ask me how well I
am doing, I am working on colony increase this season, not on honey
production....in other words, not an excuse but a real, known and early
documented reason.

Scot McPherson
McPherson Family Farms
Davenport, IA