From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:00:00 -0500
Hello Bill,
The question of publishing articles about methods of treatment not yet
registered has been problematic for both ABJ & BC.

I can not speak for Joe Graham & Kim Flottum but I have asked both about
their position.

It seems they both feel varroa continues to deal beekeepers fits. Both
large & small. A real need exists for the bee magazines to publish what
others are doing to control varroa. Especially soft treatments.

I commend both for having the courage to publish articles by beekeepers
about not yet registered treatments for beekeeping pests they are using to
control pests!

I think all of us realize all beekeeping is local but I find it interesting
to read the methods used by other beekeepers. Some I would never use and
others I might would consider maybe in the future.

I have not yet read Randy Olivers article but those which have have said
the article is well done.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison