From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2006 00:39:47 -0500
Randy,
I just finished reading your OA article. Looks like you put many hours into
research.
I have got a question.
On page 1046 of your oxalic article you quote Anton 1999 by saying:

"The rub is, OA is only effective when dribbled in a sugar solution (Anton
1999), not in plain water"

I was always under the impression that when OA was first tested in
Switzerland by Imdorf Anton and the original 112 test colonies in 1994 &amp;
1995 the OA solution used was 30 grams of hydrated OA desolved in one litre
of water .

Its late and i have not tried to track down the original studies but I did
go to Allen Dicks web site and what he has posted says the first testing
was only OA & water.

http://honeybeeworld.com/formic/oxalictrans.htm

Has Allen got it wrong?

Bob