From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2006 11:13:35 -0400
I make up cell builders by raising sealed brood above an excluder, leaving
queen and sealed brood below. 9 days later, the day before grafting, I
check the entire hive for started cells. I start 4 or 5 cell builders at a
time. Each round, I find at least one that has an egg in a queen cup, above
the excluder.

Any ideas on how that egg got above the excluder. It seems it was either
carried there by a worker, or laid there by a worker. Hardly seems that
there would be a laying worker that quickly, I almost think it must have
been carried.

I wonder if there is a Wyatt Magnum type photo out there of workers
carrying eggs.
Mike

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.