From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2006 05:03:35 EDT

In a message dated 06/08/2006 04:44:25 GMT Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

Not only  did we set record rain fall and low temps this spring ,this summer
is  setting records as well.It's been the toughest year in the past forty
from  what I have heard from old timers.But that's mother  nature,

It may not be entirely Mother Nature. Climates/extreme weather  events are
changing world wide and I understand your Governor has recently  expressed
concerns about global warming. Here in the UK we had an unseasonal  very cold spell
in March which put paid to the early spring build up.   January, April, June
and July this year have been the driest this millenium. In  this area at least
(southern UK) it will be a poor year for honey, although some  have done well
where situated in river valleys where the water table is still  reasonable.
I expect my average crop/hive will be about half of what it  was 2 years ago.

Chris