Reply To:
HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 08:18:06 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
I tried to post this message yesterday, but it appears that it didn’t go through:

CRAI is working on developing in-house guidelines for archival research. These guidelines are being developed for historians and other non-archaeologists who may at times be tasked with conducting research for archaeological projects. Although most of us archaeologists conduct our own research, various projects require that we utilize historians instead. Consequently, I have found that there is a large gap between what historians will consider important information and what we archaeologists find integral to our research. A large factor in this gap appears to be the way in which the archival research is written-up. Hence, we are working on developing guidelines that include not only what information we would like to see, but also how we need it written-up so that we can actually utilize that information in our syntheses. 

I would appreciate comments and/or suggestions regarding the guidelines. Hence, if you consider yourself an archival buff (aren’t we all ☺?), please send me your e-mail address, and I’ll send the draft your way as an attachment. We want the guidelines to be user-friendly (i.e., we don’t want to increase the confusion for the folks that are not super-familiar with what we do), so please keep that in mind.

Very best regards,
Tanya Faberson

Tanya A. Faberson, Ph.D., RPA 
Principal Investigator 
Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. 
151 Walton Avenue 
Lexington, KY 40508 
859-252-4737 (office) 
859-221-3038 (work cell) 
www.crai-ky.com 
[log in to unmask] 

ATOM RSS1 RSS2