HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Sarah Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:55:01 +0100
Dear all,

Please find attached the latest details of the NAS Annual Conference, which
is being held at Action Stations, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard (UK), from
the 10th -12th November 2006; the main event taking place on Saturday 11th
November.

Supported by English Heritage, PADI, the Sub-Aqua Association and 3H
Consulting Limited, the conference will feature a range of presentations
from a range of professional and amateur archaeologists, and will provide an
opportunity to discuss research, review the archaeological activities of
members, exchange ideas on managing our maritime heritage and catch up with
friends and colleagues from both the UK and abroad.

Our confirmed speakers include:
- Marc-Andre Bernier, Parks Canada
- Martijn Manders, ROB/NISA
- Colin & Paula Martin, NAS
- Innes McCartney, Periscope Publishing
- Jon Adams, University of Southampton
- Mark Beattie-Edwards, NAS

Our biggest year yet, the Conference will incorporate:
- Maritime Trade Display
- 4th Annual Adopt-A-Wreck Award
- 2006 NAS Photographic Competition
- 2006 Annual General Meeting
- Release of 3H Consulting's Site Recorder 4, a student edition of which
will be given free to every delegate.

Please join us for informal drinks at the Ship & Castle, on the Hard, from
7.30pm on Friday night.

The Conference Dinner will take place on board HMS Warrior 1860, and if you
have energy on the Sunday you are most welcome to join us for a walking tour
of Historic Portsmouth, or to Dive the Submarine Escape Training Tank
(SETT).

Because the dockyard is subject to MOD security restrictions, you are
required to register NO LATER THAN Friday 3rd November. Registrations after
this date will not be accepted!

Exhibition space is still available. If you would like to discuss this
further, or have any questions about the event, please do not hesitate to
call me on the number below. Details are also available on the Conference
pages of our website:
http://www.nasportsmouth.org.uk/news/conference2006.php.

Registrations can made over the telephone, or by downloading the appropriate
form from the Conference pages of the website and returning it with your
payment to the address below.

We look forward to seeing you in November!!

Best wishes
Sarah

Sarah Ward
Nautical Archaeology Society

Fort Cumberland
Fort Cumberland Road
Eastney
Portsmouth PO4 9LD
United Kingdom

Ph/Fax:   + 44 (0)23 9281 8419
Email:      [log in to unmask]

PS: The NAS Annual Conference will be held on the 11-12 November in
Portsmouth - put the date in your diary now!