ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John Bowditch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:47:54 -0500

Hi William,

We built a version of the Bernoulli exhibit for a local library that is
their architectural centerpiece that is a bit unusual. The visitor can
use an inverted aspirator to launch colorful "playscape" balls up about
10 feet into a version of a gravity funnel and then these balls spiral
around and fall back down the center to a randomizer that tells where to
find things in the library. It's been a big hit, especially with the
pre-school set. I can send on photos if you'd like.

John Bowditch
Exhibits Director
Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum