HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mark Branstner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 15:17:25 -0500
Lyle et al.

Sorry, gonna have to pretty much stick to my guns on this ...
Although I will allow a slight modification and retool my defiinition
to "the prevailing definition of Historical Archaeology, as practiced
in North America ..."

Ron:

You may have been at the meeting with Anita when the concept of
HISTARCH-L was first kicked around, but she apparently did not get
your memo about the expanded scope, as reflected by her earlier today:

"Marco Polo is a historical figure that has nothing to do with
historical archaeology as a discipline. If you want to discuss
medieval archaeology, I suggest moving over to the ARCH-L discussion
list."

Mark

--

Mark C. Branstner, RPA
Historic Archaeologist

Illinois Transportation
Archaeological Research Program
209 Nuclear Physics Lab, MC-571
23 East Stadium Drive
Champaign, IL 61820

Phone: 217.244.0892
Fax: 217.244.7458
Cell: 517.927.4556

"I hope there's pudding" - Luna Lovegood (HP5)

"If you only have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail"- Anonymous