HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2008 14:19:29 -0800
The story about the roof tiles having been formed over maidens' thighs was,
as you probably already know, thoroughly debunked years ago by Edith
Buckland Webb in her "Indian Life at the Old Missions" (Los Angeles: Warren
F. Lewis, 1952; reprinted in 1982 by the University of Nebraska Press).  She
goes into considerable detail describing precisely how the tiles were made
on pages 108-09.  No mention, alas, of ox blood.
    Bunny Fontana