HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Alasdair Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2008 04:40:31 -0500
Dear All,

I very much support Dr. Schuyler's Norm Barka-centred 'Images of the Past'
initiative for the SHA Newsletter, as described below.  While I've been
given to understand that Dr. Barka will be given a memorial in the SHA
Journal, I'd very much like to recognise his passing in some form in the
Newsletter as well given his particular association with the latter
publication.  'Images of the Past' strikes me as an excellent forum
through which to do so.

The deadline for submissions for the Summer newsletter has officially
passed.  While there's some scope for me to extend that deadline, given
that I'm already sending text to the copy editor, I think it would perhaps
be best to delay a Norm Barka memorial 'Images of the Past' section to the
Fall/Autumn newsletter.  This would guarantee that Dr. Schuyler and myself
have enough time to put together a suitably robust commemorative section
in the SHA publication to which Dr. Barka gave so much of his time.

Thanks,

Alasdair Brooks

SHA Newsletter Editor