HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
MORGAN A RIEDER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2007 00:40:03 -0700
Ron, you're just an old hoodlum.  Here I am trying to emphasize the genuine qualities of milk and other foodstuffs that were all we had in small communities in the the 1950s, and you had to bring up Pez, of all things.  I never ate them, but I suspect those peculiar containers are now considered "artifacts" in our current Alice's Wonderland of historical archaeology.  You send a crew of 20-somethings into the field and (despite repeated lectures) they record anything they don't recognize as part of their own world (e.g., beer can tabs or Pez containers). That said, I appreciate your ingenuity, although because I always wore cowboy boots rather than Keds I was able to do more serious smuggling.

Morgan