HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jonathan Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2007 14:48:48 -0400
In a former life I was a PC tech and I did have one computer that
came in with problems.  There was a dead, mummified mouse "stuck" to
the motherboard near the 12V power supply.  Apparently he'd had one
little mousy foot on a screw (ground point) and then he bit in the
12V power supply cable...

If I remember correctly though, this was a 286 or 386 in one of those
huge desktop cases, which was missing a cover plate on the back.  I
think a modern desktop would be harder for a mouse to get in -
smaller/tighter cases and fewer access points.

The wonderful world of rodents and electricity.