HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
JAMES MURPHY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2007 15:09:04 -0400
While he doesn't give many specifics, Oscar Micheaux's classic autobiographical novel, The Homesteader, describes entire towns being moved by horse or oxen teams shortly after the Oklahoma land rush, in attempt to keep up with the advancing railroad and increasing chances of being the "county seat."

James L. Murphy
Professor Emeritus
Ohio State University Libraries
1858 Neil Avenue Mall