HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Chris Salter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:00:50 +0100
Hi Stathi,

      It is very unlikely to be a beryllium copper as that is a
relatively new alloy, only becoming common in the last 50 to 60 years.
Now not so popular, due to the toxic properties of beryllium metal. It
is more likely such a spring would have been of phosphor bronze.

Yours Chris

--
Chris Salter,
Oxford Materials Characterisation Service,