HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol Serr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2007 09:57:47 -0700
I have a vague memory of doing it...or maybe my dad just told us about
doing it.  Of course, it's illegal to deface/deform money... But, they
have machines that make souvenirs out of pennies at amusement parks
(well, they used to; I havent been in ages).

That could explain the 1 totally smooshed casing... But still others,
were just smashed on the cylinder portion...and only partially. But, one
was bent over on itself...and smashed so well to were you can barely
detect where the folded edge is.  But, the heads are squashed on these
examples.