HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol Serr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2007 09:54:15 -0700
That's a possibility...since there IS a rail line near by the property.
I was wondering why there are so many (8) railroad spikes in a domestic
household dump....and speculated they were "goodies" one of the kids
collected (but then his mom made him throw them out?; or he grew up and
did away with his boyhood collections?).

Of course, they could have been pulled out of recycled ties used around
the property...I suppose.

And, if readers are curious to know if there are many toys in the
collection...um, not really.  A China 'pet name' doll head and a bisgue
doll torso frag is all...that I can remember right now.  There is a
harmonica reedplate also, but an adult could play one of those.  The
youngest of the 5 children was a son...