HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 01:29:24 -0400
Carl,

I cannot speak for other historical archaeologists when it comes to
presentation of papers and publication, as I do not think it would be in good  form. A
great many papers are written in the gray literature that rarely see the
light of day, especially at professional conferences. San Diego State University
has been producing some nice publications on historical  archaeology. You
will see my name on a number of past SHA programs, as well  as the Society for
California Archaeology annual meeting programs and a few  obscure publications
from place to place. But where are the historians when it  comes to paper
presentation and open workshop discussions of historical  archaeology? That is my
point.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.