HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Catherine Spude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2007 10:03:29 -0600
Folks:

Don't be crosschecking the Vietnam database by doing a search on you own names, guys (or gals)! Ancestry.com has a policy to list only deceased persons! Check it out!

Yeah, I made the mistake of looking for my Dad in the Korean database and my brother in the Vietnam database and then I remembered!!!! Especially when they started referencing all this cemetery data.

Think of a long-lost friend if you want to try it out.

Or better yet, explore the site, and find out something about their sources. That's the best way to do it, instead of speculating as to what happened to the records.

By the way, I pay full membership every year, not as a genealogist, but as a historian (well, historical archaeologist). They give me discount for continuing membership and to keep me reupping. This is a fantastic tool. One of the best there is! If you don't find someone you're looking for one month, go back a month later. Chances are they've been added when you're not looking.

Cathy

Catherine H. Spude, PhD
Montana Dawn, Enterprises
7 Avenida Vista Grande #145
Santa Fe, NM 87508
505-466-1476 home
505-913-1326 cell

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire." Jenny Yates and Garth Brooks.