HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jeanette Mckenna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:55:30 -0800
I would probably call the smoke flume area a feature, but not necessarily
midden.  My concern is that we are labelling the midden prior to any
scientific investigations and continue to call deposits (natural or
cultural) midden when there is no real justification.  I know each site
will be different, but shouldn't we try to be more consistent?  I'm still
working on it ...

Jeanette