HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Morgan Blanchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:03:08 -0800
   I am currently processing a very large collection of periodical material
excavated from a frozen privy in the interior of Alaska.  I am still doing the
data entry, and assigning artifact numbers, but we already have more than 1,700
diagnostic pieces representing more than 50 different titles dating from 1902
to 1909.  I am estimating more than 3,000 diagnostic pieces by the end and tens
of thousands of non diagnostic fragments.

  I am looking for (and so far not finding) sources dealing with printed
materials as artifacts rather than purely as historical sources or works
dealing with printed material found in an archaeological context.  I would
appreciate any leads in this direction.

Morgan Blanchard
University of Nevada, Reno