HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jane Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:13:54 -0400
There is a lot of archaeology going on at Jamestown.  It's bringing some
new information about the settlement there.  I have a friend whose dream
was to work at the Grand Canyon, and he did!  Most people do the south
rim, but Jeff highly recommended going to the north rim--more
breathtakingly beautiful and fewer tourists.  I also have a friend who
worked at Mesa Verde; I'll ask him some specifics for that area (the
Four Corners) also.  If you've ever read any of Tony Hillerman's books,
there are a number of features mentioned on that landscape that are
sacred to the Navajo.

You're so lucky!

Jane

Jane L. Brown