HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Thu, 19 Oct 2006 07:40:07 -0400
In a message dated 10/18/2006 8:25:57 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I am looking for information on previous archaeological excavations of
> railroad roundhouses or repair shops.  My prefered area of interest is
> late 19th to 20th century North Aemrican, but information from other
> areas/periods would also be of appreciated.  You are welcome to reply
> either on or off list.  thanks in advanse for any help, leads, or
> references.
> Melissa Diamanti
> Arcaheological &Historical Consultants, Inc.

Sagebrush Consultants worked with the Park Service a few years ago excavating
a portion of the Promonotory roundhouse in Utah.  I gave a paper on this
project at the SHA meetings in St. Louis.  This work will be written up as part of
a synthesis report on our work on Golden Spike National Historic Site within
the next year or two.

Let me know about your needs.  I am still looking for comparative information
regarding roundhouses.

Thanks.

Mike Polk
Sagebrush Consultants, L.L.C.