HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Mary C. Beaudry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:45:01 -0400
Pat,

 heaven forbid, the details of sewing kits,

Well, I can see you won't be  in line to  buy a copy of my book, on the
details of sewing kits, due out in December.  Interest in small things,
though, surely does not preclude an interest in metals, small, large, hot,
heavy, whatever.  Knowing about pins and needles means knowing about
metallurgical processes such as smelting and wire-drawing and understanding
production processes as well as how items functioned once fashioned means
one has to know about the properties of metals thus produced.  And about
working conditions and the labor force.  For me it is all part of the
picture & I have trouble separating out industry & industrial processes from
the study of everyday life.
mcb