HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Davis, Daniel (KYTC)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:53:29 -0400
Concealed objects have been identified in cathedrals in Europe,
including hats, clothing, shoes, and horse skulls in pulpits. I seem to
recall reading about figurines plastered into walls over cathedral
entrances as well. In many instances, the concealed objects appear to
have been added during repair or addition work to the church, suggesting
that the church itself was unaware of the worker's attempts at spiritual
protection.