HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:46:52 -0400

In a message dated 8/25/2006 11:43:14 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Thanks,  Ron.  Do you have a source?

Not the kind of source you are seeking. I had access to U.S. Army
Quartermaster Corps records from U.S. Army Fort Rosecrans. Those included status
reports on the condition and repair of buildings on the base. Among those  records
were memos from the carpenter's shop and complaints about the "white"  wood
being included among the older higher grade wood. They really complained in  1945
about the "finish cut" wood that had smaller dimensions. I no longer have
those records, as they went to Navy Region Southwest during the closure of local
 environmental offices in 1999.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.