HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:41:40 -0800
From:
Paul Scotton <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Lay them out flat, counter to the curve (i.e with the paper domed upward)
and weigh them down with books.  The curve will ease out after a while.  It
would be good to put the drawings between sheets of paper or vellum stock
while they are "uncurling".  As for the acidic paper and crumbling, you will
have to employ a conservator.  Perhaps you could interest your local
historical society or architectural historical society.  It certainly sounds
like it would be worth the time and expense.  If you have trouble finding
support, contact me off list.  I may know of an organization that would be
interested.

Paul Scotton