Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2007 15:42:13 GMT
>>If anyone can explain our goldenrod situation we would love to hear
it

We've taken out bees to goldenrod locations for the past 3-4 years.
Goldenrod honey, it is said, does not crystalize easily.  We've seen
our late summer honey with a tendency to crystalize pointing to other
nectar sources.

Ample rains and soil conditions are said to affect goldenrod yield.
It's best to have good, deep soils that retain moisture.

Waldemar
Long Island, NY