Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:49:26 GMT
From:
Sender:
I collected one colony from a house a while ago that had loads of
varroa.  (The first varroa infested feral colony for me ever.)  I
gave them a virgin queen from my 'preferred stock.'  At this point
the colony's brood has emerged and the new queen started laying
several days ago.

I do see varroa on the adult bees and would like to knock them down
with oxalic acid.  I understand that varroa will dive under larvae
just prior to cells being capped.  The oldest larvae in this colony
has maybe 3- or 4 days old so it seems that all the varroa will be
exposed to the OA.

Is there any risk from the OA treatment to open brood or very young
laying queens?

Thanks.

Waldemar
Long Island, NY