Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:33:37 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
Bob ,

I know Shad, I let him borrow some of my duds for the almonds about ten years ago. As far as Shaun is concerned ask him about his hives RIGHT NOW, and his other day time job. He sold 3000 packages to other keepers and netted $30,000.00 from that, I would push packages too for that kind of dough.
I think what we have here Bob is a difference of in encomics and living standards. I try to net the most out of my hives with the least amount of effort. I do not run sub-standard bees in the almonds which I charge a hefty price for, can you? sure you can, but my reputation means more to me than a few bucks. Ask around this state of CA , my name is highly regarded. I don't use excuses,i.e... the bees were in the snow, I was too lazy to feed them in the winter, or something called the mites got me  ect, ect...if you're going to run in the almonds ,then run your bees like a business and not a hobby. 

The growers in my area do not like these packages (Blue Gum Rd, Modesto CA) especially when they compare them to mine and others in the neighborhood. I also have pictures of these singles story packages (not good) the lids were screwed on so you had to look from the bottom side, gee I wonder why??

Almond growers are paying premium prices for bee rentals, they should get, and deserve, quality bees.

Bob, you are a fellow beekeeper, we may disagree over some issue but I imagine we agree more often than not.

your fellow keeper ,

Keith`1

-- Visit www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l for rules, FAQ and  other info ---

ATOM RSS1 RSS2