HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2007 03:39:16 -0500
Bob,

The stone appears ornamental and the interior design looks to have more  than
one meaning: floral and functional. I am reminded of compass type
illustrations used by architectural designers to calculate the maximum sun  angles
during the day in order to lay out windows and French doors for lighting  planning
in a house. However, one of the angles blends into the geometric flower  part.
I tend to see it as unfinished, given the break on one end.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc
http://www.aol.com.