HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 17:43:43 -0500
I wonder if they were the inspiration for Hadrian's Wall and the
Antonine Wall in in todays Scotland? (Though perhaps Hadrian's the
inspiration for Antoninus? The Berlin Wall was something different).
Confucian geneology being what it is I wouldn't be that surprized...

Peoples Daily: "DNA tests do not grant inclusion to Confucius family
tree"http://english.people.com.cn/200607/07/eng20060707_281017.html

and

The Epoch Times:"Confucius' Family Tree—Longest Family Tree in the
World" in http://en.epochtimes.com/news/7-2-9/51500.html

It might explain Sir Thomas Urquhart's "research" into his ancestors,
"Adam and Eve" claiming in "Pantochronachanon (1652) Subtitled "A
peculiar promptuary of time," this work is a genealogy of the Urquhart
family. In it, Urquhart manages to name each of his ancestors in an
unbroken hereditary line from Adam and Eve all the way up to himself
through 153 generations. This work has been the subject of ridicule
since the time of its first publication, though it was likely an
elaborate joke." -Wikipedia