HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Pat Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 22:04:13 +0100
Dear All,

Apologies for cross-posting.

I am writing to invite you to join a visit on 23rd July to Berney Arms
Mill in Norfolk.

Berney Arms Mill is an English Heritage property which should win a
prize for inaccessibility.  It is only open to group visits, and can
only be reached by boat or by train (request stop).

You are all welcome to join our group visit - please book using this
form, or let me know off-list:
http://tolkiensociety.org/seminar/booking_trip.html

The 'group' nature of the visit will be limited (if you wish) to the
reduction in price of the rail travel, admission to the mill (and,
possibly, mass waving-down of the return train).

If you want to share your knowledge/interest in grist mills, wind pumps,
Norfolk landscape and/or Tolkien, that would be great, but don't feel
obliged!

Best wishes,

Pat
(who wears many hats*, two of them being archivist of the Tolkien
Society and a research student working on the archaeology of "Dutch"
buildings ... )
--
Pat Reynolds
   "It might look a bit messy now,