ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rick Bonney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:24:59 -0500

Hi folks: We realized that in our recent announcement, we neglected
to mention that thanks to NSF sponsorship, this invitational
conference will cover travel, lodging, and meal expenses for all
participants. A corrected announcement follows. Please feel free to
forward, and thanks to all the folks who have already applied!

CALL FOR APPLICANTS:
Citizen Science Toolkit Conference (Ithaca, NY, June 20th-23rd 2007)
Application process closes February 16th, 2007,  see
<http://www.citizenscience.org>www.citizenscience.org

To all educators, scientists, and others involved with citizen science:

Do you have expertise to share about establishing, coordinating,
evaluating, or otherwise facilitating citizen science projects?

If so, please consider applying to take part in a working conference
at the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology in Ithaca, NY, June
20th-23rd, 2007.
(<http://www.citizenscience.org>www.citizenscience.org)

This invitational conference will bring together about 50
participants who can help refine a Citizen Science Toolkit. The
Toolkit will be a robust and practical framework for citizen science
program development, implementation, and evaluation.

While a few participants already have been invited owing to their
demonstrated expertise in citizen science and related educational
fields, many seats remain open.  We are accepting applications, until
February 16th, 2007, from individuals who feel that they can make a
significant contribution to this initiative. We expect to make final
selections by March 1st, 2007. Travel, lodging, and meal costs will
be covered for all participants.

We seek a diverse pool of participants who can help us construct and
refine the Citizen Science Toolkit and thus will be considering many
factors when choosing participants, including type of expertise,
geographic location, and type of project represented.

If you have expertise that you can contribute to the development of
this Toolkit and would be interested in attending the conference from
June 20th-23rd, 2007, we welcome you to apply.  To do so, please
visit the "Conference" link at
<http://www.citizenscience.org>www.citizenscience.org.

Thank you for considering sharing your expertise!

Rick Bonney

--
Rick Bonney
Director, Program Development and Evaluation