ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jennie Zehmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:19:11 -0400

On 7/8/06 12:00 AM, "ISEN-ASTC-L automatic digest system"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]
> Director of Exhibit Services & Development
> The Franklin Institute Science Museum
> 222 N. 20th Street
> Philadelphia, PA 19103
> PH (215) 448-1128
> Fax(215) 448-1188
> http://www.fi.edu/exhibitservices
> http://www.ezibits.com

> Association of Science-Technology Centers may be found at http://www.astc.org.
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Fri, 7 Jul 2006 09:33:13 -0500
> From:    Tim Pula <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Grants for home school programs

> Recently we have begun serving a small part of our home school community.
> Word has spread and a larger portion of this community would like the same
> experience. We currently utilize an exhibit space, which we must close to
> the public during our home school program. Does anyone know of grant sources
> that could help us to offset the cost of closing this area, staffing costs
> and materials cost? The home school community here has a great need and we
> would like to reach out and serve that need in the most effective way
> possible.
>

> Tim Pula
>
> Science Coordinator
>
> Gulf Coast Exploreum
>
> 65 Government St.
>
> Mobile, AL 36602
>
> 251-208-6858
>

> Join us each month for a new experience in The Ciba Lab.
>

> THE MUMMY IS HERE.

> Association of Science-Technology Centers may be found at http://www.astc.org.
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date:    Fri, 7 Jul 2006 10:16:36 -0500
> From:    Karen Swade <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Grants for home school programs

> Please share replies re: funding home school-museum partnerships with us
> as well.
> Thanks.
> Karen L. Swade
> Paul H. Leffmann Education Center
> Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum
> 1300 South Lake Shore Drive
> Chicago, IL 60605
> Phone 312-294-0349
> Fax     312-322-9181
>
> Informal Science Education Network
> <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>> ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers
>> Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related
>> institutions.
>> *****************************************************************************
>>
>> Recently we have begun serving a small part of our home school community.
>> Word has spread and a larger portion of this community would like the same
>> experience. We currently utilize an exhibit space, which we must close to
>> the public during our home school program. Does anyone know of grant
>> sources
>> that could help us to offset the cost of closing this area, staffing costs
>> and materials cost? The home school community here has a great need and we
>> would like to reach out and serve that need in the most effective way

Thanks Eric,
Yep, I understand that you are looking at staffed experiences/programs,
that's why I framed my comments as an aside to your conversation. I think in
the realm of Human delivered experiences, we simply can't forget that
interactives can be Human delivered experiences too.

- Jennie